Concrete polishing and lining paper to paint walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. This is my first serious diy job - I am going to polish the concrete floor in one room/hall, and put up lining paper and paint the walls.

I have been reading up on various aspects of this job, and have experimented a bit with putting up lining paper. I have a bit of time and want to do the best job I can.

Initially I was thinking that I would be best to put up the lining paper, then polish the concrete, remove the dust created, before finally painting the walls.
My reasoning for carrying out the jobs in this order was that the dust created when polishing the concrete after painting might end up tainting the paint job a bit on a fairly long term basis(! I imagine a dusty hue settling over everything and never going).
I thought that if I polish the concrete first the dust created might cause problems with the preping of the walls prior to papering.

Now I am not so sure though. Should I polish the concrete before or after putting up lining paper? I imagined that both gloss and emulsion would be easily removed from the polished concrete if I painted last, but perhaps this is wrong.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back