Concrete Roof Valley Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bungalow with a concrete tiled roof and the concrete valley leaks slightly in heavy rain.
I've attached some pics of the valley which looks to have had bitumen sealant applied at certain times during its life.
Based on the pictures, what do you think is the most appropriate fix? I presume a new valley is the best solution which can be done when the roof is replaced, but what is considered the next best fix and what would be the likely cost (SW England)??

IMG-20211116-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20211116-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20211116-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20211116-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20211116-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20211116-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20211116-WA0007.jpg
Many thanks in advance.....

Sponsored Links
Horrendous idea - overlapping concrete valleys are a clumsy nightmare. Yours looks like it's had its fair share of trouble too and has been mortar bodged to within an inch of its life.

I'd bite the bullet and replace with trouble free dry valleys.

As above for sure. OP youve got no choice.
But your troubles might increase when you lift the tiles either side of the valley. ive seen similar where the felt and even the laths have been stopped to short and the woodwork below is beggining to rot, by whoever tried to codge in similar valleys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back