Concrete Screws / Thunderbolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just discovered these recently, and am already a fan. I particularly like the fact they are non-expanding, and so I can use them near the edge of bricks/concrete, and also just with less risk of cracking what I'm going into.

Just one question, can you reuse them in the same hole, i.e. take them out and put them back in over and over again? Or will they only grip properly the first time?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't think it would be recommended. Concrete is not that stable against the friction that would be generated removing the fixing, and the slots that the fixing cuts would quickly wear meaning the fixing would be less secure.

Only way to be certain would be to give the manufacturers a call.

You can re use them in the same hole a number of times. We do it regularly.
Theres no fixing like a thunder bolt. Especially into concrete.
And its the closest you get to re-bar cast into concrete.

We use and trust them to hold tall form work structures that when poured with concrete exert extreme pressures.
M12 x 120 is our usual size

A big M16 x 200 would take a colossal load..

Sponsored Links
A big M16 x 200 would take a colossal load..
You just need a brawny Irishman to drive them in.

No a cordless impact gun silly. :LOL:
We use Milwaukee which makes it effortless. That's up too 700 ft-lbs of torque energy right at your finger tips.
Mebbe when you get your self up to speed on current technology you might invest in one?
Or stick to the sledge.

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old post but it was the most recent post I could find relating to concrete screws. Has anyone use them fairly near to the edge of concrete? I need to fix some feather edge boards to a concrete wall and it will involve a fixing point around 30mm in from the edge. I found some small screws here that only need a 5mm hole - just wondered if anyone had experience of using them?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back