Concrete sill query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a small window on my gable end. The sill bridges the cavity and sits on the internal course of bricks. All plaster has been removed due to damp problems which are slowly being sorted. When it rained I noticed the sill was wet. The paintwork externally, including silicone needs re-doing but I was thinking (while the plaster is off) about incorporating a DPC under the bricks supporting the sill on the internal course and wrapping it up and under the wooden sill. This would hopefully prevent any damp crossing to the internal course, although the ends would still prove to be a problem! Any advice appreciated...thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sounds ok.

A bit like the lead detail on the old wood windows fixed in say a tile hung dormer, whereby the lead would be fixed to the underside of the sill and lapped up to the window board routered slot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back