DPC Questions??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old Victorian house and the bay window internally suffers from condesation and rising damp as there is no cavity to the wall its internal plaster straight onto solid brick wall.

My question is this:

As there is no DPC with the house being old i was going to inject the cream DPC from outside then as i have removed all of the plaster internally as it was falling off any way back to exposd brick would it o.k to pin a plastic sheet membrane to the brick with timber batons that are pinned to the underside of the sill and the floor so as not to puncture the membrane then fit 25mm xtratherm insualtion between these batons and then plasterboard over. Or will this create further problems.

Does anyone know a good replastering additive that you add the the sand and cement mix for internal damp proofing after DPC injection as i have other area's to treat

Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have an old Victorian house and the bay window internally suffers from condesation and rising damp as there is no cavity to the wall its internal plaster straight onto solid brick wall.

My question is this:

As there is no DPC with the house being old i was going to inject the cream DPC from outside then as i have removed all of the plaster internally as it was falling off any way back to exposd brick would it o.k to pin a plastic sheet membrane to the brick with timber batons that are pinned to the underside of the sill and the floor so as not to puncture the membrane then fit 25mm xtratherm insualtion between these batons and then plasterboard over. Or will this create further problems.

Does anyone know a good replastering additive that you add the the sand and cement mix for internal damp proofing after DPC injection as i have other area's to treat

Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

are you sure the house has no dpc? it may have a slate dpc
if you render it you could use a sika waterproofer admix i have used this and its very good.

Pretty sure there's no dpc due to the amount of work thats been done to combat damp in the bay. There's 3 new air bricks thats been fitted at some point though the wall does not appear to suffering that bad from damp anymore it's the condensation in need to stop, with the wall being so cold the inside gets wet and i need it to be dry so i can fit my wooden floor.

So do you think the insulation idea will stop or at least help the problem or is it going to create further problems.

Thanks

Does anyone know if this is the correct stuff fo adding to the sand and cement internal rendermix for waterproofing and salt neutrlizing after cream injection DPC. Theres not much info about the product on the website

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1259657070964&isSearch=true

Or is it this

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1259658299914&isSearch=true

Or if there both simlar which is best as i only have a B and Q close by and will need to buy from there.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Pullmyfinger, assuming you actually need a remedial DPC what specific product are you actually going to use (Sovereign / Dryzone / Wykomal etc)? The reason I ask is that the the individual manufacturers all have their own integral waterproofers.

hth

Hi,

It's Ultra Cure injection cream. Do you know what waterproofer i should be using??

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back