Vertical DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a survey carried out by an independent surveyor last year which confirmed two areas of damp in our property.

The main (larger) problem around the front bay has been sorted but the second smaller damp area is on an internal wall in the downstairs cloakroom.

We are about to look at getting this treated and the surveyor recommended that about we install a horizontal DPC along the wall affected by damp but that we also install a vertical DPC where the internal wall meets the outside wall.

He has recommended using Dryzone cream injection. This will be done by a contractor but I wondered if anyone could explain how the vertical element would be injected?

I understand that the horizontal DPC is injected into the continuous mortar bed that runs along the wall but when injecting vertically the mortar beds will be staggered - is the brick itself therefore drilled into in a vertical line?

This is just to satisfy my curiosity as I cannot seem to find much info on how this is carried out

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yep your right it does work in the joints, but I guess it depends on whether the wall is toothed in or if its using some kind of wall tie, its quite possible you may have a straight joint all the way down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back