Concrete slab fence looks awfull - Cosmetic changes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hoping someone can provide some assistance.

We have had a concrete panel fence for about 15 years now so as you can understand it isn't in the best of conditions (still solid)

A bit similiar to this ...

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/3208...ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=63&ff19=0

However our concrete slabs are a bit wider.

Over the years we have filled in any cracks on the posts with concrete and it may not look good but it does the job.

Intention is to make some cosmetic changes to make it look half decent .. what options do I have?

Silly as it may sound are any of the following doable?
- Rendering over the slabs and them painting using Masonry paint?
- Just painting over them?
- Tongue and groove wood over the slaps and then varnishing?
- Exterior PVC to make it look more pleasing to the eye?

Or is what I have just suggested a big no no?

Any other suggestions?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
As they usually drop into slotted posts could you simply replace them with wooden panels, keeping the bottom one as a gravel board?

They do drop in, however due to how long we have had them over the years we have filled in bits of cement and also they would have seized up... as this is also an exterior fence ideally would need something stronger than wood..
The fence is solid and I just want to make it cosmetically a bit nicer... would there be any harm in rendering over it and then painting?

Sponsored Links
I would guess that if you rendered it cracks would open up between the panels in no time and look worse than just having an old fence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back