Concrete wall pour plugs not filled, oops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm redoing the back room of a 1970s build property, we noticed in the past we had some mould growing and the room was always cold. The back of the room is dry lined on concrete, the concrete is about 20-30cm thick and really tough, since it is also supporting two further floors of the same size room above us (rooms stick out the back of a 5 story terrace).

When I pulled off the plasterboard, I found that a total of six holes about 1 inch diam equ spaced across the wall in two rows of three, holes had a cardboard tube in them. Sadly, holes go straight to the outside, I can see the back of the building behind me through them. Looks like the back of our building (we can't access it nor see it due to arrangement of properties too complicated to explain here) was never properly finished, so all this time cold air has been moving into the dry lining void, no wonder we had some condensation problems on the plasterboard and the room was freezing!

I'll be putting mineral wool in between the batons and then vapour control layer and then plaster boarding it again. But of course I should fill the holes.

Question is: what with? Should I just plug it with concrete, expanding foam?

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam will be : easiest, quickest, least messy, most effective method of insulation to fill these holes.

A clean sweep in fact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back