Concrete Window Sill Repair - Concrete or Epoxy? - Cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any thoughts on which repair would be better for the broken corner of this window sill? Concrete or Epoxy repair? See image.

Any other suggested repair?

I assume in both cases screws would be drilled into the sill and the new concrete or epoxy built around the screws.

Any ballpark cost for this repair?

Thanks ColinK

Attachments

• Rear Bedroom Sill.jpg
    Rear Bedroom Sill.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
Very difficult to price I'd say... It's a small job, but requires a bit of time.. Access needs organizing, even if you are paying for it....
Why dont you do it yourself?

I seen this one fixed on a job.
Really need to remove sill as don't want a join
Steel bars fitted. They drilled a hole and knock in bars.
Maybe long screws will do the job to support concrete if you decided to repair.
Make a box that's fitted ready to hold concrete, that was held to wall with L brackets under. Brush on washing up liquid so concrete don't stick inside box.
Pour concrete in box, then leave to set for few hours and polish off the top.
When dry remove boxing...
Other way it to replace sill with a row of soldiers bricks.
You need to hire tower scaffold if doing it yourself imo

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to price I'd say... It's a small job, but requires a bit of time.. Access needs organizing, even if you are paying for it....
Why dont you do it yourself?
If it were mine, I would do it myself. It is for someone who will want a "professional" !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back