concussive shower valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,
Last summer i fitted 9 sirrus concussive exposed shower valves in a school changing room. The hot and cold supplies come into the room, both go into a thermostatic blending valve and then the blended water goes into the inlet side of the shower, you push the button and get about 25 seconds of warm water.

The problem is that the head of the school is complaining to us that the kids are too lazy to keep pressing the button and aren't showering properly. He wants us to change the concussive button for a straight forward on/off chrome manual control, (ideally a lever). But for the life of me I cannot track down anyone who makes such a shower. I have suggested a chrome plated stopcock, but he wants something with a lever specifically. I also suggested using a standard lever valve and cutting off the rubber, but he doesn't think this will look good. To be honest I agree.

If there is anyone out there who knows the answer to my problem please let me know.

Thank You.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm......are you sure that concussives are not a stipulation as per local authority and water regs?. I thought that saving water was all the rage. And why will the kids not just turn off a lever after 25 seconds just like a single push on the concussive??

I thought they were a stipulation too but I'm just giving him a price for what I'm being asked to do. I agree about the kids being too lazy aswell, but I've had all these conversations with him and he insists he wants them changed.

RADA commercial arm of MIRA.

Could fit flow restrictors to achieve local authority rules rather than concusives.

Sponsored Links
Doesnt really sound like a plumbing problem rather one with the kids.
If they are too lazy to -shoch horror- push a button, then they are almost certainly too lazy too wash properly.
What kind of shower did they have before?
Did they wash properly then?
Speaking as a dad I have my doubts!!!

Hi Dale

I also think the problem is down to the kids and education on how to use the showers.

However it looks the heads perception that the showers are not working to his expectation.

There are valves like you have described available and these are manufactured by A J Gummers under the commercial section of the Sirrus brand. The link below will take you to their web site and their time flow products.

http://www.sirrusshowers.com/products_container.php?page=products

The model below has a 60 second delay:

Mechanical Economy Exposed Timed Flow Control

Up to 60 seconds time delay

Minimum working pressure 0.1 bar

DZR brass body

High flow rate

Order Code : MEFC2000ECP Chrome Plated

Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back