Condensate Drain

9 Jul 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Regulations change and topics on this subject are generally a few years old, so ...
I'm thinking of having my floor standing boiler in the kitchen replaced with a wall mounted condensing one (open vented system) in the garage (probably Vaillant 418 or Worcester Bosch 12ri/15ri). Gas, electric and water supplies are all to hand but the question is about the condensate drain pipe.
Can this just drain through the wall onto the side path like the toilet overflows do or does it have to go to a soakaway or the rain drains or the foul drains? If it needs to go to the drains/sewers then the pipe will have to go up, across the garage rafters and down again to get to them. I assume this is what the condensate pump is for?
What sort of volume of water is produced - a few drips or more of a flow? Thanks as always.
Sponsored Links
The condensate needs to go to a drain as the liquid is acidic. The gas fitter will know which way to direct the pipe the correct way. Volume would be dependant on use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links