Condensate pipe into bucket...

If a DIYer did something like that the RGI brigade ( at least those that frequent here ) would have a field day.

You made the assumption Bernard, not I!

I did not assume it had been done by a DIYer. but I did assume that IF it had been a DIY install then the RGI brigade here would have reacted against the DIYer.

Sponsored Links
If a DIYer did something like that the RGI brigade ( at least those that frequent here ) would have a field day.

You made the assumption Bernard, not I!

I did not assume it had been done by a DIYer. but I did assume that IF it had been a DIY install then the RGI brigade here would have reacted against the DIYer.

Oh come on mate. Without getting embroiled in a semantics debate...
"If" and "did" is an assumption that it "wasn't" [a DIYer]!

I know many installers, some more diligent than others; none of them would risk their ticket (and livelihood) on leaving a "permanent" fixture like this one. As a temporary measure during extended works, maybe!

I know many installers, some more diligent than others; none of them would risk their ticket (and livelihood) on leaving a "permanent" fixture like this one. As a temporary measure during extended works, maybe!

I agree with you. Most unlikely that an installer did this other than as a temporary measure. Maybe it was a temporary measure and then for some reason the installer never came back to finish the installation.

Sponsored Links
When early condensing boilers were installed in the 80s (such as the Archie Kidd VHE) it was very common for them to be connected to a large plastic drum, particularly in a cellar location.

It is only comparatively recently that building regulations have caught up and made a load of silly requirements. Early Kidd customers knew they had to empty the container from time to time, and were happy to do so. Now we have legislation to prevent them. Is this the future?

When most houses start at a £300,000 purchase price, I don't understand why you are even thinking of a problem which probably would cost no more than £84 to have rectified!

Tony

Riiiiight. Maybe in some desirable areas around London. Actually condensate into a bucket doesn't sound half bad - emptying it every few months down the sink sounds better than having to dig out a soak-away and lime chippings every couple of years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back