condensate pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All, At the moment my son's home has a upvc condensate vent pipe. This pipe feeds down the cavity (brick outer/timber inner!) to a 'suitable' distance from external ground but as sod's law decrees it has sprung an internal leak presumably at the 90 degrees bend. My boiler has a 15mm copper vent pipe so my question is...Can I replace his upvc pipe with a 15mm copper run thus eliminating any chance of leaks. Thanks. mikew070319

Sponsored Links
No, the condensate is acidic and will eat through copper. Plastic only for condensate. Your boilers pipe in copper may be the pressure relief valve pipe.

Sponsored Links
As Said, Condensate is acidic and guaranteed to rot and cause leaks on copper.
If you can fit it in, SpeedFit/Hep20 22mm Elbows will grab onto the 21.5mm condensate pipe very snugly and are quite a bit stronger than the little glued fittings (they have glues them havent they?) but the problem is they do take up a lot more room and need clean unglued pipe ends to grab onto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back