Bending copper pipe over 90 degrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
Is it possible to bend 15mm copper pipe over 90 degrees?
I've got a situation where I'd like to bend at about 110 degrees and I'm wondering how to.
Cheers.

PS. I have a pipe bender but it goes to 90 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Should be doable if the bend radius is large enough.

Wouldn't do it If I were you; better to do it in two stages of 55 degrees, You'll may also affect the flow having to get it running back on itself.

Used to bend tube @ 180 degrees on a daily basis when terminating safety/open vent pipes over cisterns.
Take some of the advise with a pinch of salt.
Two stages in the former job done.

Sponsored Links
Yup, on reflection, I'll agree with that. For some reason, had a sharp bend in mind; I think I need a holiday. Thanks for bringing me back to my senses Wildcat.

Unless you beat it with another rigid tool of course. And on that note, I'll leave it at that.

Decided on a different course of action to save space. Also worried about soldering near a drain off and the mains stop cock and MDPE pipe...
Made a ~20 degree bend which will join existing with a straight compression fitting. Then will solder a 90 degree elbow to start my horizontal run.
First big soldering DIY job. Nervous.

Decided on a different course of action to save space. Also worried about soldering near a drain off and the mains stop cock and MDPE pipe...
Made a ~20 degree bend which will join existing with a straight compression fitting. Then will solder a 90 degree elbow to start my horizontal run.
First big soldering DIY job. Nervous.

You could unscrew the drain off to remove the part that contains the rubber seal.

How far away on the run is the mdpe? As long as you’re not going crazy wth the heat it’s unlikely to be a problem, you could always buy one of those sprays from a DIY store or wrap a wet cloth around it.

Would be a shame to use a compression fitting when everything else is bent and soldered.

You could unscrew the drain off to remove the part that contains the rubber seal.

How far away on the run is the mdpe? As long as you’re not going crazy wth the heat it’s unlikely to be a problem, you could always buy one of those sprays from a DIY store or wrap a wet cloth around it.

Would be a shame to use a compression fitting when everything else is bent and soldered.

Maybe 300mm.
I agree but the pipe will also be wet as the main is temporary fixed with speedfit pipe running off it into the kitchen. I've only soldered a few joints so the last thing I need is a wet joint to start...albeit gravity will be working in my favour so it would be dry-ish.
The joints will mostly be behind a washing machine, however personal pride wants to make it a decent job. A plumber will be fitting a new boiler off it in a few weeks so id like it to be respectable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back