condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having trouble trying to find a route for the condensate pipe off my newly installed boiler....can i not run it into the copper PRV pipe??? also heard about a pump i could use....any1 every used one or came accross one??? cheers for the help.

Sponsored Links
....can i not run it into the copper PRV pipe???

No this is not acceptable.
Your manufacturers instructions should give you guidance how to run the pipe.
I would have thought that the siting of the condensate pipe should have been sorted before installation.

Andy.

Condensate waste should be in plastic only; not copper. As previously mentioned, this should have been thought of before the boiler was fitted. Who fitted it? A registered installer?

Sponsored Links
Another note to mention, if the boiler is up and running at the moment with no condensate or a condensate terminating in say a bucket temporarily then the boiler is classed as dangerous, should be condemed until the codensate is fitted acordingly, and the installer reported.

SGM

Oh and to help with the question you would really need to explain where the boiler is installed and where you have appropriate drains.

Another note to mention, if the boiler is up and running at the moment with no condensate or a condensate terminating in say a bucket temporarily then the boiler is classed as dangerous, should be condemed until the codensate is fitted acordingly, and the installer reported.

SGM

that's not the case with all boilers, some allow a tundish to be fitted and is not dangerous at all as the boiler has a trap which prevents p.o.c escaping.

****ish Gas making up their own rules again. :rolleyes:

get the installer back, this is definitely a part of the installation.
it is likely that your boiler is at risk and should be turned off.

is not dangerous at all as the boiler has a trap which prevents p.o.c escaping.

****ish Gas making up their own rules again.

Im not going to argue this, as i dont ahve a book of regulations other than the TOPS that BG Supply us (which is their perception of the Regs)
But we have been told that the head saftey people have went through all this with corgi and I would personaly be ID'ing an installation like that, built in trap or not, because Ive been told to by the saftey ppl.

On those lines BG will be condeming every ATAG installation as the MI's ask for the combined condensate/prv outlet to drop into a tundish then run in a minimum of 32mm waste.

The boiler trap supplies the seal for fumes from the boiler.

It's not often I feel the need to disagree with BG, as you guys on here are the good BG guys, but in this case I feel BG are wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back