Condensate pump noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i would be grateful for any comments. I live in a bungalow with a recently fitted condensing boiler in what used to be the airing cupboard, central so not on an outside wall. It wasn't a problem with the old combi, but with the new condensing boiler utilising the old copper blow off pipe running under wooden floors to the outside and still the need for compensate drain...a pump was fitted pumping vertical to loft space and across to the soil stack as a solution. The pump is screwed to the wall which joins the kitchen, all the internal walls in our bungalow are the stuff you can knock a hole down the middle of, which is great to drop a cable down but that's about it lol. So there is an airing cupboards double doors...about 10ft of hallway and a bedroom door between us and that alarm clock. The pump is an instinct(book says sauermann) 45dba @ 1mtr, my question is...it is screwed directly to the wall, would an anti vibration pad make a lot of difference fitted between the wall and the pump or is it just down to the noise of the pump. Please let me know if you've improved things on a similar situation, I didn't think it would be advisable to fully enclose it even though its a short run period when it kicks in. Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions, Neil

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_222339.jpg
    IMG_20200307_222339.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20200307_224403.jpg
    IMG_20200307_224403.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_20200307_211816.jpg
    IMG_20200307_211816.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 288
Sponsored Links
That's going to resonate badly on a hollow wall no matter what you do, even with an anti vibration pad it would still vibrate through the screws/mounting. Possible alternative would be to drop it down onto the floor.

Cheers, I'm just looking for an improvement and thinking even though two fixings always to the wall...it would remove a lot of the contact from the pump, sitting on the floor not really an option in there, plus the floor is floor boards not concrete. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have replaced 8 of those to date because they were fitted to the wall, the plastic lugs break and the pump falls and the outlet spout snaps, cheap nasty crap , fitting a shelf as @The Novice suggested is your best idea

I have some racking just below it, think I'll get it on some foam on that for now temporarily.....then next time I have everything out I'll sort a little shelf out, I did think it looked a bit weighty for those screw lugs, good call guys

What about a shelf fitted underneath (so it makes contact) and the anti vibe pad fitted as well?
I have replaced 8 of those to date because they were fitted to the wall, the plastic lugs break and the pump falls and the outlet spout snaps, cheap nasty crap , fitting a shelf as @The Novice suggested is your best idea
Good idea with the shelf and off the wall, loads better now :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_165000.jpg
    IMG_20200310_165000.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20200310_165005.jpg
    IMG_20200310_165005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 312
Good idea with the shelf and off the wall, loads better now :)
nice one lad wish more on here actually acted on the Pros advice @The Novice advice not mine but worked out, I usually move the to floor level and place them on folded carpet or rubber mats, but as you said, not an option for you but that looks ace well done

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back