Condensate Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked at a friends boiler earlier and it seems that the fitters who fitted it have run the condensate drain outside which I know is OK.

But the pipe work runs for approx 4 metres and runs into a surface water drain the pipe is also uninsulated

Surly this pipe should be lagged and as the condensate is slightly acidic I would guess that this should go into the soil sewer not surface water.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ALL depends on what size pipe whether it needs lagging .
Also if surface water drain then joins a dirty water drain in the street as a lot do then this is perfectly ok also it may have a neutraliser on it.

This is not a common sewer its surface only.
Pipe looks like 22mm plastic.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea where it terminates but as the house is a recent purchase it benefits from a drain and sewer map from the water board.
This clearly shows that the whole estate that was build in 1970 does not have a common sewer and that both surface and soil are separate.

So at some point they may join,
You have the maps and the number for the water board give them a call and ask

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back