Condensation in loft - caused by shower extractor fan ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I noticed some damp in my loft at the weekend.
I'm fairly sure there's no leak from the roof as it belted it down with rain at the weekend and I checked for drips for a couple of hours - there were none.

I think it may be condensation, specifically from the shower room. The pipe from the the shower room lead directly into the roof space. Is this correct? There's a small flue/chimney on the roof and I assumed the pipe should connect to that...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Yes if the fan does extract into the loft, that is what will happen. It needs to vent outside. Don't use the fan until you have rectified this.

Sponsored Links
Yes if the fan does extract into the loft, that is what will happen. It needs to vent outside. Don't use the fan until you have rectified this.

Thanks for this. I go up into my loft fairly regularly and have never noticed any damp until this last time. I suspect the condensation issue has been made worse because of the the recent very cold weather.

I suspect I'll shall have to extend the flue out through the fascia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back