Condensation on toilet cistern

A cistern with a fixed amount of water in it will produce the same amount of condensation irrespective of the thickness of the material given that the water temperature in the cistern and the air temperature and relative humidity are the same..what varies is the time taken to produce the quantity of condensate and the water to reach equal temperature with the rest of the room.

In short, thicker clay will slow the production condensation down slightly but condensation will be formed for a longer period of time

Just ventilate..

So all cisterns will eventually condensate will they :rolleyes:

As a teaser: the cold water main coming in is -1 Degrees ;)

You are waffling & uneducated. Your above statement was a load of old cr*ap as well, as for JohnD, Don`t make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Please feel free to explain how an extra couple of millimeters of clay will prevent condensation forming..

If the water in the cistern is at 5 Centigrade and the air temperature in the room is say 23 Centigrade and the relative humidity is say.... 60% in both cases, then yes both cistern will produce the same amount of condensate.. your thick one will take longer to produce this amount of condensate and it will take longer for the water in the cistern and room temperature to equalise

It's physics Jim :rolleyes:

Please feel free to explain how an extra couple of millimeters of clay will prevent condensation forming..

Surely, as soon as you tell me that what you are saying is that all cisterns will eventually condensate, is that what you are saying? Go on, be a man. ;)

Still waiting to hear from JohnD. Bottled it? :evil:

Surely, as soon as you tell me that what you are saying is that all cisterns will eventually condensate, is that what you are saying? Go on, be a man. ;)

Still waiting to hear from JohnD. Bottled it? :evil:

They all will produce visible condensation unless the cistern is heavily insulated if the inside of the cistern is colder than the outside and there is humidity in the air outside..

Condensation will always form on the warm side of a cold surface..

School boy stuff really

Sponsored Links

If the water in the cistern is at 5 Centigrade and the air temperature in the room is say 23 Centigrade and the relative humidity is say.... 60% in both cases, then yes both cistern will produce the same amount of condensate.. your thick one will take longer to produce this amount of condensate and it will take longer for the water in the cistern and room temperature to equalise

Rubbish, the cause is internal not external, you`re full of it. :rolleyes:

It`s Physics Jim.....But not as we know it . :rolleyes:

Whats internal??

Clearly your physics do not obey the same rules as everyone elses ;)

C'mon..Explain so that we mere mortals can understand..

Whats internal??

Clearly your physics do not obey the same rules as everyone elses ;)

C'mon..Explain so that we mere mortals can understand..

I know my physics, why in a bathroom internally heated by radiators or underfloor heating with an incoming cold water temperature of say nearly freezing does the toilet cistern remain bone dry?

You`re a plumber & gas person, answer me that? JohnD seems to have filled his pants & left the building.

Are you sure that it is bone dry?? REALLY or just pulling my leg.. If the cistern is cold, the room is warmer than the cistern and there is humidity in the room then there will be condensation on the warm side (Outside) of the cold surface (Cistern) the only way that you can prevent this is to warm the surface of the cistern to a temperature where condensation will not take place.. OR pass a suitable air flow over the cistern to cause the condensation to evaporate almost immediately..

Explain what is internal?

[/quote]

You`re a plumber & gas person, answer me that? JohnD seems to have filled his pants & left the building.[/quote]

Yep, I'm a gas man.. It's more of a hobby really.. I avoid plumbing. My main work is Air conditioning and Refrigeration

Are you sure that it is bone dry?? REALLY or just pulling my leg.. If the cistern is cold, the room is warmer than the cistern and there is humidity in the room then there will be condensation on the warm side (Outside) of the cold surface (Cistern) the only way that you can prevent this is to warm the surface of the cistern to a temperature where condensation will not take place.. OR pass a suitable air flow over the cistern to cause the condensation to evaporate almost immediately..

Explain what is internal?

You are wrong, ask JohnD or look it up. Are you sure you are a plumber! Jeez, this is NVQ Level 1 fer Chrissakes :rolleyes:

Ahh that'll be where you are too clever for me, you see I don't have an NVQ level anything in plumbing.

Now then your original statement was that a superior quality crapper with 12 mm thick ceramic would cure the problem.. Yeah I know that wasn't your exact statement but it is what you suggested... Now then are you going to educate me or bore me?

Corgigrouch";p="822069 said:
Ahh that'll be where you are too clever for me, you see I don't have an NVQ level anything in plumbing.

Probably not the best Forum to be giving advice on then, seeing as you are basically a Numpty.

I don`t think there is a Numpty section here but you can always ask Admin. ;)

Now then your original statement was that a superior quality crapper with 12 mm thick ceramic would cure the problem.

It wasn`t my statement actually, but you being a Numpty may have misinterpreted that fact.

Yeah I know that wasn't your exact statement

It wasn`t was it, Have you tried the Electrics Forum/ Woodwork/Origami?
I`m sure they would be fascinated.

I`ll no longer bore you, come back when you are a Professional. Bye. ;)

Ok Bamber I shall remain uneducated...Was that my starter for ten?? ;)

But the OP still doesn't know how to cure his condensation problem and you haven't given him any suggestions.. Ho Hum :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back