Condensation on toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help.Our toilet cistern is covered in condensation and this is soaking the floor any ideas would be brill.

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you have a ceramic cistern is it a toilet on its own with no radiator in,if it is theres not alot you can do really its because the water in the cistern is making the ceramic cold thus causing the condensation,you could of course insulate it and box it in...

Yes it is a ceramic cistern on its own with no radiator, we will have a go at boxing it in. Thank you for your help....

Sponsored Links
I'm the living proof that this does works. Line the cistern with polystyrene tiles, this lining prevents the water temp being transmitted directly to ceramic cistern. You will have to stick it I used silicon addesive and sealed all the edges.

CHEERS GAZZA

I think he means "silicone adhesive". Good idea but messy. Also please note that silicone adhesive absorbs water like a sponge. It will probably swell and come off.

Another idea is to get someone to knit a "cosy" for the cistern.

;)

i think ALGARUK means
9073_l.jpg
when he says"silicon addesive "

which you can get from http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=13360&ts=56851

Anonymous said:
Please help.Our toilet cistern is covered in condensation and this is soaking the floor any ideas would be brill.

:D I'm the living proof that this does works. Line the cistern with polystyrene tiles, this lining prevents the water temp being transmitted directly to ceramic cistern. You will have to stick it I used silicone adhesive and sealed all the edges.

CHEERS GAZZA

Not sure if its still around or where to get it from.Remember the plastic tray which clip onto the plastic pipe under the cistern which then collect the condensation onto it,then empty it whenever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back