condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help, we live in a bungalow which when we moved in was run down,over the years I have improved it, upgraded the central heating, double glazed it, improved the insulation,and years of hard work. The one thing I cant seem to cure is condensation on the inside of the double glazed windows in the morning, its driving me mad.I even had the double glazeing upgraded last year, and I fitted a multi fuel stove to help with the heating, but still the condensation is there, every morning. I know its down to the warmth inside against the cold outside (as my wife KEEPS telling me,) but there must be a way of if not stopping it cutting it down, I await your comments and suggestions, REG

Sponsored Links
There is a route cause to condensation.
As it is the moisture in the air that causes it.
So do you use a tumble dryer without external extraction, leave wet cloths drying around the house or something alike to this.
If so that is likely to be the problem, do your windows have trickle vents?

Sponsored Links
Multi fuel stove could also increase moisture content depending on fuel used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back