Condensing boiler and TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found an article which suggested...
1. that you can't set up room thermostat and a TRV in the same room.
2. TRV is useful with boilers which have a bypass.
3. and the article also mentioned that with a condensing boiler you shouldn't use too many TRV's - about a third of the radiators should have one.

I'm planning to have a BAXI 130 HE (condensing boiler with a non automatic integral bypass), but my gas engineer would prefer to set up TRV's an each radiator and a programmer.

From my research, I would prefer to set up a Programmable Room Thermostat (the BAXI Intellistat), what is the right numbers of TRV's, if any, I should have, in combination with this?

Sponsored Links
See Buildings Regs article on www.regainuk.org

My preference is to instal TRVs on rads that are south facing and on rads where rooms are subjected to other heat sources.

A more prefered approach would be to create two zones (sleeping and living) with two timers/thermostats for independent temperature control.

Danfoss TP5 cannot be touched for simplicity of programming and ease of use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back