Condensing Boiler, Rayburn & Unvented Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I previously made a post about getting the correct boiler which I have now just about saved up for!!!

I have been speaking someone who recommends getting an unvented cylinder, a condensing boiler and then also running the back boiler into the cylinder from our Solid Fuel Rayburn. They where not a heating engineer just someone that had seen it at a friend’s house and said it worked really well. They mentioned something about needing an equalizer or getting a cylinder that would do this for you. We have the Rayburn on all the time so if this could help to input into the system that would be great.

Has anyone got any experience of setting up systems like this? If so could you please advise me what I would need or a good place to start? As I am about to install a boiler it would be good to try and get everything done at the same time or at least make the correct choices on Cylinders so I can add this functionality at a later date.

The house has 4 good size bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 living room and 1 kitchen.

Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Davy

Sponsored Links
This is the Dunsley Neutralizer http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/layoutsp1.htm
But you dont need it if you don't have an unvented cylinder already! Its a "fix" for the problem of adding uncontrolled heat source to an unvented cylinders.
This is what you need for your setup which is at design stage.
http://www.gledhill.net/pdf/Torrent GreenHeat.pdf
The Thermal Store is VENTED like the neutralizer and has MAINS PRESSURE
hot water like what the unvented cylinder would have. But cheaper and space saving overall .
Choose the Gledhill Torrent to suit your system design, which in your case would be the Torrent OV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back