Twin coil cylinder question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I recently moved into an old house that has an open vented hot water cylinder. It has two coils, one from a solid fuel rayburn, and one from an oil fired boiler. We havnt yet lit the rayburn due to a suspect chimney. The central heating works fine off the oil boiler, all bar one radiator (in the bathroom).
Is it possible that this rad only gets hot when the rayburn is lit? I guess I'm asking if this is necessary for some reason?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Huey

Sponsored Links
Thanks, how is this plumbed? I can see the pipes coming from rayburn and going into cylinder, but can't see where radiator in question s fed from....

Also possible that the bathroom radiator is on the hot water primary circuit. Does it come on when the oil boiler is on for heating water?

Sponsored Links
No. I think it must be the heat sink as @ cross thread suggested. I found a good explanation of the plumbing of it....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back