Controlling DHW from Rayburn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Solid fuel Rayburn Regent on ground floor supplying DHW direct to cylinder (with immersion backup) on first floor, gravity fed from loft.

First floor bathroom being upgraded with thermostatic shower and booster pump (in airing cupboard), with its own H&C supply, hot from surrey flange, cold from loft.

The Rayburn is excellent but can get too hot and boil (and I have to remember to reset the immersion overheat).
If this happens it's going to be far too hot for the booster pump and the shower (stated max input temp 80).

I could use this as an opportunity to add a towel rail in the bathroom fed from the Rayburn before it reaches the cylinder, but I don't think that would be enough of a heat sink, and I've not seen many gravity fed rads, anyone know good sources that are not pricey?

To prevent the cylinder getting too hot could I also add a cyltrol valve on the return to the Rayburn?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gravity Circuit rads.......NOT back tappings :!: with 3/4 inch tappings :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back