Rayburn 345w ch and mains pressure dhw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in France and have recently purchased a Rayburn 345W and would like to set it up to run CH and mains powered DHW.

I have thought to do this by running the CH directly from the Rayburn and into a vented cylinder (heat bank? thermostore?) with a coil to heat the mains by HX

Rayburn supply an injector tee to aid the gravity circulation. I am aware that I will need a heat dump, does this need to be a seperate circuit or can this be a rad on the main circuit without a trv?

I am now finding out that not many plumbers here are familiar with the open vented gravity systems that Rayburn recommends. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Would appreciate any help or pointers,

Thanks Nick.

Sponsored Links
I am mystified as to why ex-pats always seem to buy British heating & plumbing gear to install into a French building, a Country where building regs and pipe sizes are very diffrent to ours and the le plombier locale doesn't understand Britidh gear either

Why not buy a French system?? :confused:

Thanks for taking the time to reply Boilerman.

There are various reasons for choosing the Rayburn:
Aesthetically it goes very well in my old stone village house,built before building regs - either French or British - were implimented.
As we have a fair amount of power cuts in the winter when I will be using the Rayburn, it seemed a good idea to have something that will work without electricity.
The reputation of Aga/Rayburn stoves.
The 'Rosbiff' that you can get out of one :LOL:
The old 'Brits abroad' thing of having a bit of British around you a la Fish and Chips on the Costa del Sol.
But the main reason we went for a Rayburn 345W is that they do sell them here, but at almost twice the cost as the UK.

Admittedly I didn't do too much research when I brought mine in the UK and had it shipped here, when I went to the suppliers here to ask them to do the installation they were only willing to install one that they had supplied and weren't interested in helping at all.

The fact that they are available and are installed in France surely means that it is possible to do, just a question of finding a way, is it not?

Oh, and the French systems that do the same, either too much 'bling' or a Godin that will knock you back 15000€.

Best wishes,

N

Sounds good. Why not use a Gledhill Torrent for your storage, vented DHW is a bit fiddley to set up but a long lasting system design (apart from occasional cistern inlet valves).
Try using a pipe stat that "makes on rise" (set to 70-80 degrees), this would power up a circulating pump to a large rad heat dump or CH circuit itself.

A small Rayburn is a good choice if you service regularly.
Where are you, I can install it for ya? ;)

Sponsored Links
DO NOT RELY ON A PUMP FOR YOUR HEAT DUMP,for the reason stated in your post about electric supply problems,put a couple of large rads on gravity with a powered closed zone valve,this way if power goes off valve will open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back