Condensing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a new condensing boiler fitted last march, and all has been well.... Now its the boilers first winter and its starting to get cold, i am unsure if its working right. Its normally set to 'e' on the boiler temp, and when the boiler comes on, it works OK until it first shuts down, and then it only fires for approx 30secs, then shuts down, when its cycling. The thermostatic readout tells me its calling for heat, but the boiler is circulating or switched off. This happens when it gets to within a degree of the set temp. Also when it does this, the rads never seem to get very warm, as the boiler is switching off. It does this cycling every 15mins or so. I am unsure if I should be setting the boiler to Max, now its getting cold (never had a condensing one before). Should I be calling the installer back, or is this how they are supposed to work..... Ambient temp in the house is generally around 19degrees. Would welcome any advice from the experts......

Sponsored Links
Sorry didnt think:.. :oops: its an ideal logic. Just want to know if this is correct operation or not...

Is E the economy setting? Turn the boiler stat up to at least mid way if not a bit higher and give that a try.

Sponsored Links
That does not sound right!

I would be measuring the flow and return temperatures.

Do you know your total heat output from the rads? Do you have just three and a 30 kW boiler?

Tony

chummers";p="2155799 said:
had a new condensing boiler fitted last march, and all has been well...

quote]

I think we can safely say he has had it for about seven months!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back