Condensing boilers - worth it?, Grant v Kroll

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one any experience of Kroll oil condensing boilers - they're 3 times the price of the Grant Vortex at trade but claim they condense (and presumably run efficiently at whatever the return temp is. My system was never designed as such, but works ok, it's just that I'm unsure if the return temp currently will be under 50C. Are Kroll the Rolls Royce or restricted supply keep price up kit - I understand they have a german Nuway burner for instance

Sponsored Links
At three times the price I would stick with the Vortex. :D

Are their burners compatible with UK heating oil ?.
I don't think so. :(
Their superb looking boilers though.

Condensing oil boilers are a political imposition by the great statesman J. Prescott, and the desirable Margaret Beckett. They are a waste of money and resources compared to non-condensing high efficiency oil boilers. Shame there's no choice in the matter any more.

Condensing oil boilers are a political imposition by the great statesman J. Prescott, and the desirable Margaret Beckett. They are a waste of money and resources compared to non-condensing high efficiency oil boilers. Shame there's no choice in the matter any more.

My sentiments exactly!

Sponsored Links
Grant it is then, but,if you're supposed to fit condensing boilers when changing why are non condensing still so readily avaiable and who checks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back