Center Brand stat - strange behaviour with temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

I have a Flexiconn CX 30 that is controlled by a center brand stat from Plumb Centre. The stat is located in an acceptable position away from any direct heat sources, draughts or cold spots.

It's worked pretty much flawlessly since it's install and as for the boiler itself, this is also fine.

My concern is as of recently the temperature setting seems off. I'll do my best to explain this so to try and make sense.

Basically, my understanding is that if the room temp (say 21°) is more than or equal to the target temp, the stat should not call for heat and not switch the RF device, thus no demand.

Let's say I set the target temp to 22°, stat calls for heat, boiler kicks in bla bla. Eventually, room temp rises to 22° but heating demand is not satisfied and stat does not signal boiler to switch off. Boiler will just stay on and cycle for ever and a day. Also, Green light on RF device will kick in and out in line with boiler cycling.

I find this odd as a target/room temp that is the same should automatically switch the boiler off after it's pump over run of course.

This does not happen though.

Interestingly, if I reduce the target temp by just 0.5°, the boiler will not shut down nor does the flame symbol dissapear on the stat. So, to clarify; a room temp of 22° now reached with target temp set to 21.5°. Boiler still firing '_'

Turn target temp down to 21° and voila, boiler shuts down.

It's as if the room temp is 1° out all the time. My thinking behind this is the fact a half deg reduction does not switch the heating off. I've researched my particular stat and not seen anything similar to what I'm describing or even if it's a common problem.

It's worth mentioning it's properly programmed and the batteries are fine as it's barely 7 months old.

I do realise this may be a tricky read and I do hope I've described it correctly. I need to get a thermometer perhaps to do an actual room temp check.

Should I reset or is it re-bind the stat?

Is the stat possibly faulty?

Finally, when setting the target temp the room temp can sometimes be sporadic and jump half a deg up. Issue on both manual and auto.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back