Condensing Combi Heatline 28 Boiler leaking - please help me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

a week ago i woke up to find my boiler not working. It turned out that there was not enough pressure in the system so i used the filling loop to top it up to 1.5 bars.

A week later and the same thing happened this morning. So i filled it up again and i'm obviously concerned now that there is a leak in the system somewhere (especially as i've boxed everything in and laminate floored over the entire house more or less!!)

Anyway, when i got back from shopping this evening, it had again dropped to just under 1 bar.

Having searched for advice on the internet, i decided to look for leaks around the boiler.

I've found 2!

1) coming from the bottom attachment for the filling loop

2) From the pipe coming out the far right hand side of the boiler at the bottom with a red nut/tap on it.

I've re-attached the filling loop just as a cap really to collect the water coming out there.

But can someone tell me what the other leak is due to?

Any idea how much this will cost to repair?

Sponsored Links
is it possible that its just compression fittings need tightening up if so will be just a call out charge for a gas safe engineer. between £45 and £110 thats if it is that just an idea from me as i couldnt possibly diagnose without seeing hope this helps

Thankyou! Hopefully it is something like this!

I had a service engineer come and take the boiler part 2 months ago and i'm wondering if he might not of put it back together again properly?

I never had this problem before he came.

He diagnosed a partially blocked heat exchanger and recommended a system powerflush and new heat exchanger.

Unfortunately this is not covered on my Central Heating insurance as it doesn't cover the whole CH system and this is due to sludge in the radiators apparently.

I'm a bit worried that Domestic&General are going say this is not covered either as I didn't get the last problem fixed as they quoted £700 to fix it!

these boilers a terrible

heatlines usually leak from a black plastic nut inside the boiler, in a stuffing box on the pin in the divertor valve

nightmare for parts tho cost is unbelievable, and you can't get service kits easy

if it was mine it would be in a skip in 10mins......

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

top tip don't say its a heatline when calling an engineer, as they probably won't come

Sponsored Links
hmmm... i prefer the other guys post lol, but thanks for the advice!

I had a similar problem and used to refuel the boiler until the pressure went too low again, however now when I refuel it the water instantly leaks back out from the Condensing unit, which has a rubber seal. what can I do about this? I was thinking of using a vice to holdit together? It's been a week with no hot water :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back