Condensing dryer making noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi Lindo 300 condensing dryer and it suddenly started making a noise - it actually sounds like a bit of paper is against the drum and you hear it kind of swishing when the drum turns.

I've taken the top and sides off and the belt is fine and I don't see anything obvious wrong with it. With the dryer out and top and sides off, it sounds like the noise could be coming from the back of it.

I know it's a vague description, but anyone any ideas? It's less than 2 and a half years old and of course, the 2 year warranty has just run out

Sponsored Links
could be worn rear drum bearing or drum pads causing the drum to rub on the drum seal as it turns.

Is there a way for me to check that? Although the belt is intact and doesn't seem loose, I can turn the drum really easy by hand - like with a washing machine - and I thought tumble dryers were harder to turn by hand

with the lid off, turn on the dryer and watch the drum turning. does the belt slip? is the drum def turning?

Sponsored Links
how did that get there?

holes in your lint filter possibly or perhaps its not fully sealing the filter housing

It had went under the tumble dryer and got sucked into the fan at the back according to the man who came out

It could have been worse.................

it could have been a Waitrose receipt lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back