Condensing or non-condensing boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please. Should I fit a condensing or non-condensing boiler? Swayed towards Worcester 28i junior non-condensing. Advised that this is a good boiler. I am put off by the condensing boilers because there seems no concensus of opinion on whether they are good or bad. Do you put TRV's on all rads/or not. Do you oversize rads/or not? So many questions but no straight answer. Also who make better boilers, Worcester or Baxi. Thanks in advance. Please don't make answers to technical. Thanks jenny :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
the old timers are still installing plenty of non condensing boilers before the 2005 deadline hits.

Depends if you want a more efficient boiler to save you more gas. How many people have you had to give you a quote/advice on your system? Do they all sing the same tune?

Fit a Worcester 28 Cdi with the RF digistat, fit trvs on all rads except the room with digistat fitted,get it all fitted to the Benchmark Log book which comes WITH the boiler, you should end up with a decent job and a proved appliance,

I "personally" dont think the condensers will last as long as traditional boilers so the money saved on gas will be spent on sooner replacement and maintenance.

PVM, From next april you won't have a choice.

That argument about reliability has been doing the rounds for years. If someone buys a cheap sh!te boiler for 300quid from a DIY shed then they get a cheap sh!te boiler. End of story.

If you pay upwards of £900 for the boiler, then you are paying for quality stainless steel heat exchanger. By £900 I mean the effective trade price, not the markup on a £300 quid boiler :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know all about next year, I have my Heating Effaceincy Certificate, thing is I aint gonna use MY customers to try out new stuff on, when next year comes it wont be MY decision so I cant be the bad guy, I NEVER use cheap craap from the sheds and wont fit boilers supplied by the customer either, I fit what I know to be reliable and does what it says on the tin ;)

Thanks for the info. I have given a few prices:-
£2550 - Baxi 105e Non-condensing with vogel & noot? rads.
£2750 - As above (different company)
£2850 - Worcester 28i junior non-condensing with rads as above.
£4500 - Ferroli Maxima Condensing with stelrad rads.
£3450 - Worcester Greenstar HE (can't remember size) condensing with stelrad rads.

Above is for 8 rads in a standard 3 bedroom house. I am swayed towards the Worchester 28i junior (I know 2 people who have them) with a digital programmer on the boiler (not a room thermostat).

Do any of these sound ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back