Conex iso valve

Sponsored Links
Why conex specifically?
720NP.jpg

http://www.conexbanninger.com/contact.php

If that important I'd search ebay or get in touch with them and ask for the nearest stockist to you.

Have a property that has a gate valve for a stop tap so obviously doesn't turn the water off fully. Then a conex iso valve after this. If it starts leaking from the slotted part when turned off I was going to swap it for another, with the water throttled down as much as possible on the gate valve

Have a property that has a gate valve for a stop tap so obviously doesn't turn the water off fully. Then a conex iso valve after this. If it starts leaking from the slotted part when turned off I was going to swap it for another, with the water throttled down as much as possible on the gate valve

Yes that'll work.

Sponsored Links
That fair enough, just wondering why it had to be conex given the only difference to a good quality normal ISO is that it doesn't have hex nuts, rather gripping nut's, designed more for a plumber's footprint rather than an adjustable spanner.

Even then I'd suggest a full bore lever valve as a better choice, turn the water off outside and replace them both. All they are doing is creating resistance if they're not working correctly

Cause guessing the threads on another iso valve wouldn't accept the nut of a conex iso valve? Yes the house is a very poor set up the gate vale is on to lead do abit of an awkward job

Conex are a long long established brand and are at the better quality end of the market IMO. That being said, any ball valve has the potential to leak and like any valve it needs periodic manipulation to keep it working correctly. If it's a metric fitting then chances are the thread will be the same.

You could use a lead loc or plasson with lead adapter and replace it all or better still replace the lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back