hose with compression fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to connect 1/2 hose to 15mm conex fittings. do these fittings

7381229.jpg

fit 15mm conex?

if yes, what BSP thread size would i need? 1/2"?

Sponsored Links
15mm compression fittings use the same thread as 1/2" male fittings, although the ends are internally tapered to seal against the olive. The type of hose connector you show will have a 1/2" female thread in the nut. A washer will be needed to make the seal. Ideally the compression fitting will have a male 1/2" thread which has a flatter end.

A simpler way to achieve the same end is to compress a 15mm olive onto copper pipe, then work the 1/2" hose over the pipe and olive. Once a cm. or so of hose is past the olive, it can be held securely in place with a hose clip. The hose may need warming to stretch over the copper and this will not work if the hose bore is less than 1/2".

chrishutt said:
15mm compression fittings use the same thread as 1/2" male fittings, although the ends are internally tapered to seal against the olive. The type of hose connector you show will have a 1/2" female thread in the nut. A washer will be needed to make the seal. Ideally the compression fitting will have a male 1/2" thread which has a flatter end.

A simpler way to achieve the same end is to compress a 15mm olive onto copper pipe, then work the 1/2" hose over the pipe and olive. Once a cm. or so of hose is past the olive, it can be held securely in place with a hose clip. The hose may need warming to stretch over the copper and this will not work if the hose bore is less than 1/2".

i think a short length of 15mm pipe is gonna be the easiest solution

thanx.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back