compression fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to use ordinary compression fittings, i,e brass etc,with chrome pipes.I have just read that push fit are not very good with chrome pipes in that they will not grip the pipe so I am considering using conex fittings.regards

Sponsored Links
Compression are OK with chrome, would probably use a sealer as well on the joint. Would not use push fit if I were you.

whatever you do, DONT use pushfit on chrome. this will end in tears !!!!

compression are fine.

Neal

Thanks for the replies,I have been told that If I scrape the chrome off then pushfit is ok but your replies have conviced me to use compression,thanks again

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies,I have been told that If I scrape the chrome off then pushfit is ok but your replies have conviced me to use compression,thanks again

it will look like shyte but it will work

Use chrome compression...you see this in many a public toilet if you want to see what it looks like??

I have seen what happens with push fit on chrome....holds for a while then goes.... Kkkkkkkaaaaabooooooommmmmmm.... in the middle of the night.....let it be noted that I did not fit them...I was in fitting compression afterwards!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back