conflict?

B

breezer

I have an ancient scanner (umax 2100u)

Both pc's have win xp, it works on one (the scanner) but not the other.

more info>

umax do not have a driver for this old scanner, this pc has a scanner driver that works.

other pc also has same driver,

here is the problem.

this pc all is well

other pc, preview or actual scan always turn out black

only thing i can recall adding is the new printer, (epsonphoto r220)

but i am 99% sure i added this after i had tested the scanner (was ok then)

so i guess my question is how do i tell what is causing the scanner not to see?

i can remove the driver cos its a generic one in xp, i dont think its the printer (i am sure it isnt)

any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

A scanner scanning black normally indicates the scanner has had it, does it definately 100 % work on the other pc?
As you say, generic windows drivers should be ok, the fact that it does "scan" would confirm that. If the scanner definately works on the other pc (try it now - might just have gone faulty you never know...) you could try the umax drivers http://www.umax.co.uk/support/default.htm

Might be a shot in the dark, but have you tried changing the scanned image's colour? I had that when I had a scanner (no need for one now). Try changing it to grayscale before you bin it.

Sponsored Links
They are the same ones as the umax site posted above - the link isnt direct- crappy website - click driver downloads then select your scanner details from the dropdown

eggplant said:
They are the same ones as the umax site posted above - the link isnt direct- rubbishy website - click driver downloads then select your scanner details from the dropdown

Except that UMAX only offer the driver for this scanner on a CD. :( Mind you it's only a couple of quid

Note: If you´r rather order a CD with current Umax drivers click on the link below. UK customers can also order here

click the download bit at the top - site is naf ! I thought it was all German at first but theres some English at the bottom

Ahh, it's working now. It wasn't supplying a list at first, just a blank dropdown. Nice 1.

Edit. They appear to charge for the download too, cheaky sods, even if cheap. The XP update bit appears free tho.

thanks people :) i will try new deiver tomorow (bit late now)

I was looking atother pc and there are some scneed drawings , so it did work on that one, but i am also wondering is there something i can check to see if there is a conflict between devices, thingumy whasit says its installed and working

I was looking atother pc and there are some scneed drawings
did but does it now?
If there was a conflict, it is unlikely that the scanner would scan.

Sponsored Links
Back