Conflicting views in Banes

Hi Tony 1851,
my mistake....oops! Yes you are right Prior Approval docs are only for rear extensions. The BANES website is not particularly intuitive. As soon an you start to follow links for Permitted Development it sends you off in the direction of the Prior Approval stuff. There is no obvious link for Householder Permitted Development Enquiry - which apparently attracts a £39 fee. I just spoke the planning office and they clarified it for me. My proposed extension falls well within the PD rules - and BANES do not have any special PD restrictions in place - outside of Conservation Areas etc, so all is well. Looks like I can go ahead with my plans.
Thanks for help and advice.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Our architect has now come up with a document which says that there is a limit of 10% of existing house or 50m3.............

Our architect is a very sensible and highly experienced chap

I know fmt's dealt with this, but had to look back and re-read it several times to check that my reading skills hadn't deteriorated.
Absolutely amazing - makes you wonder what this guy's been doing the last few years!!

Of course, a mediocre architect trumps a good architectural technician. :)
An LDC seems to me to be pointless in this instance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back