Confused about single channel controller

Sponsored Links
Close up pics are useful, but a single pic showing a general view would be more helpful as we can then see how everything connects together.

I have seen this set up before, the single channel timer connects to both cylinder and room stat, I reckon the zone valve is only to stop unwanted circulation when the gravity hot water is running so I would go for a faulty cylinder stat.

Sponsored Links
I hope it's not me making it even more confusing 😄

Surely fitting a double channel controller won't work as only have 2way valve upon inspection?

Today I phoned estate agent and have asked him to call previous owners to ask how they used to heat hw in summer.
No point asking if there was something wrong with hw when sold house ( temp rectified by valve switched to manual) as they'd never own up!
Thanks for help!

Surely fitting a double channel controller won't work as only have 2way valve upon inspection?
It would work if it was gravity circulation on the HW circuit. It's know as a 'C Plan' system

No point asking if there was something wrong with hw when sold house (temp rectified by valve switched to manual) as they'd never own up!
Thanks for help!
I know it's an additional expense (say £60-120) when purchasing a house, but it's always advisable to get a report on the heating/HW system from an independent heating engineer. You then don't have any nasty surprises.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back