Confused yes I am!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, currently doing my bathroom, part of which meant ripping out one walls worth of plasterboard due to leaking which had rotted the wall, now after reading many times, seal the plasterboard with PVA I stumbled onto a comment about tanking the walls,

So getting to the point, I have new plasterboard ready to go in, do I ditch this and buy Wedi Tilebacker board which I believe repels the water better or keep the new plasterboard I have and use something like Mira 4400 tanking solution/Dunlop Shower Waterproofing kit (from screwfix) also can I do this in the areas which will get wet, i.e in the shower, adjacent to the bath, around sink, and PVA the rest of the walls?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Keep your plasterbpard and tank around the shower area and bath.

NO need to tank around your BASIN as the water contact will not be enough to make it worth valve.

As for using PVA as whole avoid like the plague, but always check the instructions on your tile adhesive.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back