connect 22 cm copper pipe to old 20 cm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, guys, I am not a pro. I have an old water system with copper pipe approximately 20 cm(?). I have to manage to connect them with 22 cm. Are you usually just solder them together with 22 couplers? Or, any better ways?

Sponsored Links
You need 3/4 inch to 22mm fittings. The 3/4 refers to the bore size, not the outside diameter, whereas 22mm is the outside diameter. The 3/4 will be at least 40 years old, so it will need a good clean if you are using solder fittings. You can get 3/4 olives or O rings to go in 22mm compression or plastic fittings.

are you trying to connect 22mm (metric) to 3/4inch (imperial). if so 22 x 3/4 couplers are available.

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys. Are there special pro-plumber shops for those couplers? I looked those diy shops, like B&Q, wickes, toostation, etc. and could not find any couplers which connect the inches to metrics.

Plumbase
Plumb Centre
City Plumbing
PTS
Grahams

And many many more will all stock what you need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back