Replacing an old Rad - getting new rad to fit !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had to take off an old damaged rad. This was approx 193 cm wide (to the connecting nuts).

Even with an new Biasi 180 cm wide rad and a couple of extenders on either side, this would give make the new rad effectively a 188 cm rad.

I will ask my plumber mate to try to obtain a 190 cm rad which would do the job (with 1 extender on one side).

But are there any other solutions? I dont suppose anybody has seen a 10 cm extender :oops: ?

I was perhaps thinking of fitting the 180 cm rad to one of the existing values and then making up the 10 or so cm gap on the other side by use of pipe cut-offs, connectors etc. Perhaps not the neatest, but this left side really wont be seen.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Taz

Sponsored Links
You can fit a 1/2" male to 15 mm compression then 15 mm tube and then a 15 mm compression coupler if your valve has a 15 mm tail on the rad side.

Paint it all white and its pretty acceptable.

The other way if there is enough height is to fit dog legs and valves on the rad.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back