New radiator further away from wall, difficult to move pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace an old imperial sized slim rad with a new metric one. The copper pipework from the floor is set into very solid marble. The marble is in extremely large sheets and is very thick so I cannot easily move the pipework.

The new rad will be slightly less long than the old one so I can use extenders to deal with that, but what can I do about the pipework being too close to the wall? I cannot see any practical way of moving the pipe and I'm extremely reluctant to start chopping it up too much. Are there any fittings I can use to get an extra couple of cm outwards from the valve?

Sponsored Links
Depending how high off the floor the rad is. the pipework could be cut low and a small set put into the pipework
Or make the rad about 2 inches shorter or longer than the existin one and cut pipe down and have an elbow and street elbow or a couple of normal elbows (each side)which will take up the difffernce in distance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back