replacing an old radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace an old radiator ~1968, due to excessive rust on the outside. The rad is 18 1/2 " wide (47cm) - The narrowest that I see advertised are 50 cm wide - 50CM is about the distance I have between the conenctions on the two valves that I'll need to mate up the new radiator too. People must come across this all the ime when replacing old imperial units with different metric ones - any advice anyone - is this going to turn into a big job? I was hopeing to just unbolt the old and bolt in a new unit!

Steve

Sponsored Links
Just do a web search on RADIATORS! Really not hard! The first ones I came across Myson Premier HE go from 278 long upwards - 300, 400...

If they're a bit too short you can buy rad valve extenders.

As ChrisR suggest if you get one slightly narrower than the existing it just means using extenders. If you go the other way you are then looking at modifying the pipe work, which may mean draining down etc, longer job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back