Replacing imperial Radiator

Get away Vulcancontinental, since when did anyone take any notice of BG :rolleyes:

The commercial and industrial sector has always installed isolating valves, wherever it's necessary, and usually a few extra for good luck.

I take notice of everything and everyone but I simply ignore different bits; the bits I don't agree with ;)

Sponsored Links
As the imperial rad is wider than the metric replacement, could I use the radiator valve extensions No.424914 from wickes rather than modifying the existing pipework.
How about a simple yes/no reply to the OP's main question?

How about a simple answer then?

No and yes: no if you're planning to use one - yes if you're planning to use two

As the imperial rad is wider than the metric replacement, could I use the radiator valve extensions No.424914 from wickes rather than modifying the existing pipework.

Thanks

I was just going to post that question.

Also could I drain the system now, and insert the desludge stuff or put it in the sludgey system now. With the sludgey waste being drained could this go down the rain water drain or the domestic waste drain.

Thanks

Thanks

I was just going to post that question.

Also could I drain the system now, and insert the desludge stuff or put it in the sludgey system now. With the sludgey waste being drained could this go down the rain water drain or the domestic waste drain.

Thanks

If you have a powerflushing machine I think X800 the way to go; if not I use X400 and leave it in for several days or weeks and it's best if the heating is on for long spells (put towels over the radiators to slow heating the house down and turn the boiler stat to a lower setting).

Follow the instructions.

Empty the system, pour in the cleanser, refill and run the system.
Flush and refill several times till water runs clear.

All waste can be sent down a drain but I'd hesitate before using a soakaway, not sure why, it's just not come up before.

Sponsored Links
My comment was only in relation to the photo posted by Seco.

That indicated recent pumping over.

A cap has been placed over the vent. Possibly to stop it pumping over although a dangerous thing to do. Might be just part of the correction procedure as work in progress.

Tony

Agile the system was being powerflushed thats why it was capped.

It would be better if everyone stuck to the point.

Flush out as much muck as possible with fresh water before adding the cleaning agent. It then has less work to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back