connect a vista laptop to existing XP wireless home network

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I tryed to post this yesterday with no success:-

How can I connect a vista laptop to existing wireless home network with other 3 xp machines.

I followed googled info but keep chasing my tail as all effords end trying to make an internet connection.

My router is Negear wired & wireless capable in which 2 PCs are wired & an Acer netbook wireless connected, all 3 XP machines.

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
160gb HD, 3GB Ram
32 operating system

Sponsored Links
First questions have to be - can it see the wireless network and does it offer you the option to connect?

You need to have some basic information about your network before you can connect to it.

You need to know the SSID (The name given to the Router that is usually visible when you view available networks)

Assuming your network is secure as most are, your need to know your keyphrase or password given to access the network.

You need to know the type of encription used by your network.

If you don't have any of the above information, you should be able to find it on your router (by accessing the routers own web pages). However to access that information you need to know the routers password to access it. (Not to be confused with the keyphrase/password used to access the wireless network).

You don't need to publish what that information is but you do need to tell us if you have that basic information and if not what don't you have.

Edit Ops - I'm going back to sleep, just noticed the post was a month ago!

Sponsored Links
Back