Connect basin waste to old solvent weld connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 90 degree solvent weld connector coming out of the wall underneath the bathroom sink. The connector is old so has previously been used. I want to connect a new pipe to it (for the waste trap)

How can I do that whilst reusing the existing connection? (Apart from the exposed connector all the rest of the pipe is behind tiles and a bath)

The easiest thing would be if I could use solvent cement on it again... Would that work?

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you are saying, but any existing solvent weld pipework should be ok to join to. Make sure the external surface is clean or dirt, paint etc before attempting to glue it.

If a fitting was glued previously it shouldn't/wont come apart, hence my questioning. Can you put a picture up to confirm what you have/want to do?

Not quite sure what you are saying, but any existing solvent weld pipework should be ok to join to. Make sure the external surface is clean or dirt, paint etc before attempting to glue it.

If a fitting was glued previously it shouldn't/wont come apart, hence my questioning. Can you put a picture up to confirm what you have/want to do?
Can put a picture up tomorrow evening.. away from home at the moment.

The issue is that the connector point at the wall is a solvent weld right angle connector.. not actually a solvent weld pipe. So the side coming out of the wall has no pipe connected, but the other side (hidden behind the wall) does have a pipe connected. So my question, simply put, is... Can a solvent weld connector be reused and cemented again?

Sponsored Links
Only if you can get the socket cleaned out and a pipe will fit in. Then you can solvent it.
Yes I've tried. A solvent weld pipe does fit in it. Will clean the inside with pipe cleaner and cement it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back