Connect WC pan to Underground Soil Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Amazine wrote

My builder said... 'As I have a vent stack to the upstairs toilet and an open drain access point about 2 metres from this new WC all on the same pipe work, I don't need another stack or AAV'. I am inclined to agree with him and have proceeded with job as planned.

Your builder is correct. :D

Got the WC entry angles wrong. I should have done a DIY after all.

Whats wrong about them ?
He has used an angled bend at the top. Use the same bend (in white)at the WC or an adjustable one.
Then use an elbow pan connector . Easy.

Never seen so much flapping in all me days over a simple soil connection.

Norcon: The angled bend should be vertical otherwise as in this case it makes it more difficult to connect to the pan. The pan connector he supplied wont go on the WC, its too tight that's why hes left it. Too late to change the bend without a mess, its been concreted.

Who's version is right about the BR?

Richard C: I think we all know what the 'C' stands for you arrogant ttwat.

Norcon, I hope you wont mind but the last thing I need is someone defending the work of this complete aarse hole. I'm contacting him again to find out if he will come and connect the pan and water test it. Jesus Christ.

I am not advocating that builders/plumbers should ignore the BR, its just that the rules in some cases may be too inflexible to accommodate a perfectly safe install. The truth is most plumbers e.g. Norcon, would have ignored any BR (if they had ever bothered to read and could understand them), and installed this WC and soil exactly the same as my cowboy builder. Admittedly they would have made a better job, surely they cant all be total sshits.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Pete, I like to think my posts are honest, factual, unbiased and free from cronyism. lol

Wow... over 700 views, must be a lot of doggy builder/plumbers out there. lol

Bit harsh there was it not.

if your happy with that standard of work then thats fine, but i would dare you to post those pics on the plumbing forum and watch it get ripped to bits.

from the floor level to the point where it goes onto clay underground it shouldnt be more than 1.3m , if its any more than 1.3m then you will need a stub stack, and that what it seems like is the case here.read that in 1 of my text books

from the floor level to the point where it goes onto clay underground it shouldnt be more than 1.3m , if its any more than 1.3m then you will need a stub stack, and that what it seems like is the case here.read that in 1 of my text books

Thanks for that, its 3ft to the top of the clay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back