Connecting 32m to 110mm Horizontally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am in the process of preparing a room for a saniflo compact (Its happening, i've lost the argument with the boss!), and have a quick question about connecting the 32mm outlet pipe to the 110mm drain.

The 110mm sewer pipe is already in place, around 2m above where the toilet is going to go. This is not a stack, but a horizontal pipe.

Would it be suitable to use one of the rubber 110mm to 32mm connectors, or is there a better alternative?

The only reason i ask is because the waste is pumped, and I am not sure if this has an impact.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I`m just about to go out for the evening but if you put SWMBO on tomorrow around noon I`ll soon talk her out of such folly.:)

I`m just about to go out for the evening but if you put SWMBO on tomorrow around noon I`ll soon talk her out of such folly.:)

Noon? Just a quiet one tonight then!

The heels have been well and truly dug in, but your welcome to try!

Sponsored Links
Macerators really should be the last resort for good reasons, Being electric they cost money every flush and should the electrcity be off for any reason then they are out of action. They are only suitable for Pi$$, Poo & Paper as you might know however your model of choice has a very small chamber (box) where the pump & motor sit and should somebody do something they shouldn`t the toilet pan has to be removed, turned upside down and the electrics disconnected just to unblock it (around 1- 2hrs labour cost) where with the stand behind a normal pan type of macerator the same repair can be as little as 20 minutes.
The Sanicompact requires a minimum of 1.7bar dynamic water pressure or it won`t work, it is all electronic and an awful lot of people do not know how to repair them.

Afternoon. Not bad timekeeping that!

I am personally very anti macerator, but there really isn't another option. I have attached a very poor effort on paint to explain whats happening. The room above is the garage, not the house, and the sewer pipe was installed by a previous owner in preparation for the garage to be turned into an annex.

The room we are converting will be a day room, but SWMBO has said she wants a toilet in it as its a 30 second walk from the house........sigh

When this was made crystal clear, I did some homework and concluded the sanicompact was the best option due to the space saved etc, however I am open to other options if someone with more knowledge can explain the hows and whys. I fundamentally want a simple installation!

I have assessed the water pressure. The standing pressure is 3.9 Bar, and the gauge doesn't drop below 1.7 Bar unless I open up 4 taps. Therefore I am comfortable that water pressure isn't an issue.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Toilet Layout.png
    Toilet Layout.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 218

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back