Connecting a 15mm pipe to bathroom sink waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am havimg a water softener installed but the fitter does not want to get involved in plumbing in the waste because the route it has to take involves lifting floorboards and routing a pipe through a difficult path. Whilst that is disappointing I've accepted it and will route the waste myself in preparing for their arrival.

They've recommended using 15mm plastic pipe for the waste (I've got some speedfit layflat) but I can't seem to find a sensible way of connecting the 15mm pipe to the 32mm waste in the bathroom.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Sponsored Links
There is only an instruction that the drain line should be attached to a "largest diameter pipe" if it will rise more than 8 feet up and 30 feet over, and that "the drain line must not be restricted". In my case the rise will be about 3 feet up and maybe 15 feet over.

It appears the softener end of the drain line is attached with a jubilee clip on a barbed fitting.

Incidentally I've just found that they've given me 50m of plex pipe instead of 25m of layflat at the diy store so it has to go back which means getting a larger diameter is not a problem if needed. And the fitter has said any diameter is fine anyway really in terms of them being able to fit to the softener.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Waste is normally discharged into a trapped stand pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back