15mm pipe connected to waste pipe ? (moved)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, under my bath is a waste pipe, with a 15mm pipe going into it, the gap is blocked with lots of silicone, but it seems to be leaking a bit !
I'm not sure where the other end of the 15mm pipe goes

The waste pipe goes outside, and is connected to a soil pipe,( there's another waste pipe connected also which some from the sink)

This seems a very strange set up to me, I can't think why it would be done like that ?

also there's a bad smell , but I'm not sure if it's coming from this or not.

Sponsored Links
Thanks but, it can't be that, it's the other end of the room, at that end of the room there's a water heater tank and a kitchen sink, pretty sure it's not from the sink, I don't think heater tanks would have a waste ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this,I'm pretty sure it's coming from the electric water heater tank, it's plastic 15 MM. Going into a smallish diameter black waste pipe which goes to soil pipe

I couldn't find any kind of reducer so ended up adapting an old demijohn wine bung to seal it up

It will be the blow off. Sounds like the electric heater hasnt been fitted correctly.

Would normally be run in copper. The fact that it is dripping could mean a few things.
Installer didnt make a proper allowance for expansion, he has made proper allowance but it has failed or the relief valve is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back